Search Our Jobs
Chicago, IL(Rigging & Transport)|Chicago, IL(Careers)
Job Number: 35/67
MINDS OVER MATTER - Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry. Barnhart is committed to continuous improvement and to be the best heavy lift and heavy transport company. Our customers can expect Barnhart to aggressively pursue innovative ways to lower overall project costs and improve safety.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of the industry’s strongest network of talent and resources. We have over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development along with the opportunity to serve others within and outside the company.
ONE TEAM - Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
The Superintendent will professionally execute heavy lifting and heavy transportation work in the field and at the yard that is in keeping with company processes and standards by leading the team to perform safely, profitably and with delighted customers. The Superintendent is responsible for the safety and training of the men in their crew.
- Understand the Core Values of the company and seek to exhibit those in the work assigned
- Support the sales effort by performing job walks, assisting in estimating schedule, equipment durations, solution selling and other business development efforts as needed
- Work collaboratively with the engineering support to assist in planning and optimizing of upcoming work
- Participate in handoff meetings to receive direction, engineered drawings, schedules, and communicate expectations for field performance
- Work together with internal resources to identify equipment needed, perform inspections, develop load out lists and to coordinate trucking as necessary
- Execute scheduled work while utilizing company safety programs to evaluate job hazards and manage risks throughout job tasks
- Delegate tasks to field crews with clear man-hour expectations and safe performance criteria
- Ensure that all crew members are qualified for the work assigned
- Work with an eye towards improvement on schedule, safe performance, and equipment maintenance
- Cultivate an environment of idea generation and communicate any significant ideas to management
- Develop an attitude of fairness towards crew members in assigning of work and coaching
- Train the crew members on your team to continue to add qual cards to their resume
- Treat all customers with dignity and respect
- Lead the team by exhibiting a high morale towards the company and towards work
- Participate in evaluation of crew members at scheduled intervals and management
- Communication Skills
- Reasoning Ability
- CRANE AND RIGGING 2.00 Year(s)
- FOREMAN 5.00 Year(s)