Search Our Jobs
Virginia Beach Area, VA(Full Service)
Job Number: 1548/1639
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
About this Job:
Are you an elite sales professional who enjoys the challenge of complex selling from the field to the executive offices? Do you desire a long-term career with a company that believes in its Core Values including “Profit with a Purpose”? Are you looking to work for the best and to be the best in a place where culture matters? If so, Barnhart could be the company in which your skills and abilities can provide you a great career and help build industry across the USA.
Summary of this Opportunity:
We are seeking professional salespersons with the ability to develop accounts in heavy industrial and energy markets with high potential for repeat business. Barnhart is among the largest domestic providers of heavy lift and heavy transport work in America, employing over 1,400 people at over 40 locations across the USA. This team includes a full staff of operational support, including the largest staff of engineers and industry experts geared to help you succeed. We provide transportation and lifting services to move large components via road, rail and water and we work within all types of operating industrial and energy facilities to remove and replace major machinery that require special tools, skills and innovation.
Job Description (Purpose):
- Establish relationships with key decision makers at 2-5 key accounts with long term focus
- Leverage relationships to generate opportunities at customer plant sites
- Develop new business in all divisions of assigned accounts (account penetration)
- Increase Barnhart revenue and profitability in assigned accounts
- Construct and execute a strategic sales plan for each assigned account
- Develop strategies and tactics to penetrate targeted accounts
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience plus bonus based on results
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10% of compensation
- Company Vehicle
- Company Computer and Phone
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
- Significant positive impact on others
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Proven track record of business development results including prospecting new business and closing profitable work.
- Skilled in identifying, approaching, presenting and building relationships with decision makers within a complex sales environment. Must be comfortable with all levels from field craft to executives.
- Mechanically inclined with basic understanding of machinery, heavy construction and basic principles of industrial project flow. Basic math and geometry are necessary.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Knowledge of or ability to learn IFS (ERP/CRM).
- Requires frequent geographical travel, and job site surveys including time outdoors and climbing. Must pass a fit for duty exam.
Education – Bachelor’s degree (preferred) or sufficient experience required.
Experience – 7-10 years sales experience; industrial or construction sales preferred, with a minimum of 3 years industry related experience, along with the skills to be self-starting and self-motivated sales professional.