Search Our Jobs
Oak Ridge, TN(Careers)
Job Number: 1637/1729
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
Objective - Provide expertise in all Company transactional issues to include risk, compliance, insurance and other issues presented. Review, draft exceptions, advise, assist in negotiation of, obtain approval and finalize all contracts of the Company within Company guidelines. Analyze all risks and take initiative in development of exceptions to address risk, as well as provide answers to Company and customer requests. Advise the Company and manage the processes to ensure effective contract bidding ability, appropriate insurance requirements, notifications of and advise concerning compliance requirements.
Responsibilities and Principal Duties: The Contract Reviewer will perform all aspects of the Company’s contract review process, manage the process within Company guidelines for risk tolerance and advise the Company of risks and compliance issues. Specific duties include:
- Timely review of all Company Contracts, Job Tickets, Purchase Orders and other Agreements
- Advisory to the Company concerning risks associated with an Agreement to include damages and indemnification issues, appropriate insurance coverages, as well as all other issues associated with a Contract or Agreement
- Draft appropriate exceptions, as well as draft other ancillary documents to meet objectives of the Company
- Advise of contract compliance/audit requirements and draft changes/exceptions as appropriate
- Advise, assist and draft as necessary information/documentation for contract bidding purposes
- Assist in the retention of Company Contracts, Agreements and other documents and facilitate reporting of information to Sr. Management
- Advise and assist administrative personnel in processing of and maintenance of Contracts/Agreements of the Company
- Assist, as needed, in the contract negotiation process with the customer
- Bachelor’s Degree and 3 years’ experience in corporate transactional matters
- Proficiency in IFS, Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft SharePoint
- Proficiency in prioritizing and performing work with a sense of urgency.
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently with tight deadlines.
- Effective management of priorities.
- Strong initiative, ability to effectively advise and influence, and ability to escalate matters while retaining strong relationships.
- Ability to work 50 hours per week, or more as needed, and maintain flexible hours to meet the needs of the contract review process.