Search Our Jobs
Oak Ridge, TN(Careers)
Job Number: 1739/1832
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Project Planner will be responsible for the development of all project schedule and cost reports
- Work closely with the Project Manager and Field Supervisor to ensure proper reporting of construction activities to be communicated to senior Management and the customer
- Analyze all contract and proposal data, establishing well defined and property sequenced work activities within the Master Project Schedule
- Initiate and facilitate the development and maintenance of the Schedule
- Understand the flow and logistics needed for the execution of the Project
- Operate Primavera’s P6 or MS Project Scheduling software to accomplish the items above
- Creation and maintenance of weekly and monthly cost forecast reports tracking estimated values against actual incurred field cost
- Travel – 30% to 50%
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Five plus years of progressive field experience coupled with formal training
- Five plus years of applicable Heavy Lift Crane and Rigging experience
- Ability to build trust and confidence with management and supervision
- Strategic thinking and leadership skills
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office & Primavera applications
- OSHA 10 hour Course Completion
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty test and background check
- Competitive salary commensurate with education and experience plus bonus based on results
- $1 for $1 match on 401(k) up to 10% of compensation
- Attractive Medical, Disability, Dental, Vision and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off and Holiday Pay
- Significant impact on others