Search Our Jobs
Memphis, TN(Service Center)
Job Number: 1771/1868
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest networks of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
The role of the Engineering Administrator is to provide administrative support to the Engineering department through schedule management, data collection & reporting, and general department coordination.
- Maintain the rhythms and flow of the engineering department
- Attend the weekly departmental meetings, manage IFS as needed by dept. managers
- Schedule the Engineering Review Meeting (ERM) sessions
- Attend the department managers’ tactical meeting
- Schedule training events as needed by Engineering Training Coordinator
- Gather and disperse information to engineering managers
- Develop and maintain the weekly dashboard reports
- Alert managers of scheduling conflicts or other departmental concerns
- Take diligent ERM notes, disperse, and store in a logical format
- Manage vacation schedules and calendar of events
- Leverage the visibility inherent in the position to drive communication
- Maintain the engineering department’s assets
- Work with Facilities to make the engineering floor a nice place to work
- Manage check-out/check-in of engineering locker items, replace items as needed
- Work with Maintenance to maintain to the engineering fleet vehicles
- Assist in recruiting and onboarding
- Work with Recruiting to track candidates and schedule interviews
- Serve as host for interviewees
- Work with Engineering Training Coordinator to onboard interns and new hires
- Work with Training to schedule training classes for engineers
- Work on special projects (synthesize information)
- Research, organize, and report on topics as assigned by manager
- Develop and maintain engineering reference material
- Promote healthy culture
- Organize special events (engineering team building, summits, etc.)
- Manage the department screen with pictures of recent jobs, pictures of new tools, atta boys/gals, birth announcements, birthdays & anniversaries, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Technical Writing experience – provide examples of work
- Able to receive large amounts of information and organize into useful format
- Mastery of Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of database structure (fields, Excel data connections, pivot tables, etc.)
- Teachable spirit and eagerness to learn new topics and skills
- Have attention to detail and be self-motivated
- Able to plan, organize and execute daily requirements
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty test and background check
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred