Search Our Jobs
Mechanic - 2239
Phoenix, AZ(Rigging & Transport)
Job Number: #
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 50 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Responsible for performing PM and corrective maintenance on diesel engines, electrical systems, hydraulic systems brakes and other basic components.
- Must have the ability to work on hydraulics, forklifts, tractor trailers and miscellaneous equipment
- Must work well and communicate effectively with operators
- Competitive pay range based on education and experience, with company benefits
- Full – time hourly position, excellent benefit package
- Minimum of 3 years’ work experience with similar duties or an applicable degree from a trade school
- Must work safely in a fast-paced environment – many times under pressure
- Experience in diesel, gasoline and propane engines preferred
- Experience with tractor & trailer inspections and ASE certifications is preferred
- Must have current CDL or willingness to get CDL within 90 days
- Creative thinking skills to make continuous improvements
- Basic rigging knowledge and experience in the heavy construction business
- Must pass drug test, fit for duty test and background check
Compensation and Benefits:
- Competitive pay, company or union benefits
- 401(k) program with company match up to10% of pay
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance is available after 90 days of employment
- Barnhart CARES family care and community service opportunities