Search Our Jobs
Management Trainee - 2070
Des Moines, IA(Full Service)
Job Number: #
PURPOSE – Barnhart is built on a strong foundation of serving others. The fruit of our labor is used to grow the company, care for our employees, and serve those in our communities and around the world.
MINDS OVER MATTER – Barnhart has built a nationwide reputation for solving problems. We specialize in the lifting, heavy-rigging, and heavy transport of major components used in American industry.
NETWORK – Barnhart has built teams that form one of our industry’s strongest network of talent and resources with over 45 branch locations across the U.S. working together to serve our customers. This growing network offers our team members constant opportunity for career growth and professional development.
CULTURE – Barnhart has a strong team culture -- the “One TEAM.” We are looking for smart, hard-working people who strive for excellence in their work and appreciate collaboration. Join a team that values Safety, Servant Leadership, Quality Service, Innovation, Continuous Improvement, Fairness, and Profit with a Purpose.
- Travel to Memphis for much of the training period.
- Travel to multiple branch locations to understand various areas of Barnhart operations.
- Develop a training program to meet knowledge and experience goals in 6 months to 1 year window.
- Submit to regular assessments to determine if learning goals are being achieved and must implement corrective actions were lacking progress.
- Management Trainees are required to work in the field for a significant amount of time. This requires the position to pass all requirements for working in the field including Fit for Duty testing, Safety assessments, OSHA training, etc.
- Required to work 50 hours a week at a minimum.
- Establish working relationships in many areas of the company to prepare for future roles of responsibility.
- Must have experience in formulating, presenting and executing a detailed business plan to include financial and operational objectives.
- Must have the ability to interpret and disseminate technical information orally and written form.
- Experience needed in business development and managing a sales team to attain specific goals.
- Construction or industrial management experience
- Working knowledge of P&L performance and background working with job cost.
- Basic construction contract knowledge and mechanical aptitude.
- Professional communication and writing skills
- Ability to embrace and effectively communicate company values to team and articulate to business and civic leaders when necessary.
- Knowledge of heavy lift equipment is a plus
- Experience in a supervisory role in a related construction field
- Demonstrated planning and leadership skills
- Ability to maintain written documentation of daily activities
- Pass drug screen, clean background
- Must possess a valid driver’s license